Flute | Clarinet | Xylophone
To submit your recording for our Virtual Band project, you will need to:
# 1 - Prepare
- You need to record both songs on this page for our final concert. They are both due June 11
- Check the Note Chart if you need to look up any notes
- Read instructions listed at the bottom of this page
- Put in headphones and practice with the bed track until you feel ready
#2 - Record both songs using bed tracks (don't forget your headphones!)
#3 - Attach your recordings to the assignment in Grade 6 Band Google Classroom
- In the Classroom, select:
- Classwork > Assignment > Your Work > Add or create > File
Instructions & Recording Tips
When you're ready to record, you will need 2 devices:
- Parent/Helper on Device #1, press Record on a Voice Recording app (do NOT take a video)
- Student on Device #2, ***using headphones*** press Play on Bed Track A or B (above) and play along
- Parent/Helper on Device #1, press stop, save your file as "Song Title Your Name" (eg. "This Old Man Joey Smith")
- Don't sweat it! Just do your best, and remember your sound will blend in with the rest of the band.
- If you are getting frustrated, take a break and come back to it later! It happens to everyone sometimes.
- Record while surrounded by soft surfaces if possible - carpet, drapes, couch, bed etc. You will sound the best this way!
- Stand or sit with tall posture to get the best sound
- Include 5 seconds of "room silence" at beginning and end. This helps our final product immensely!