xylophone & snare drum
To submit your recording for our Virtual Band project, you will need to:
# 1 - Prepare
- Check the Note Chart if you need to look up any notes
- Read instructions listed at the bottom of this page
- You will need to record Part A or B on xylophone
- We have mostly worked on A in class, so only choose B if you want an extra challenge!
- We will also record the Snare Drum part at school, on a real snare drum
- Put in headphones and practice your chosen part with the bed track until you feel ready
#2 - Record using bed track (don't forget your headphones!)
- Choose Video A or B (xylophone) below:
#3 - Attach your recording to the assignment in Grade 6 Band Google Classroom
- In the Classroom, select:
- Classwork > Assignment > Your Work > Add or create > File
Instructions & Recording Tips
When you're ready to record, you will need 2 devices:
- Parent/Helper on Device #1, press Record on a Voice Recording app (do NOT take a video)
- Student on Device #2, ***using headphones*** press Play on Bed Track A or B (above) and play along
- Parent/Helper on Device #1, stop the recording, save your file as "Ode to Joy Part X Your Name" (eg. "Ode to Joy Part B Joey Smith")
- Don't sweat it! Just do your best, and remember your sound will blend in with the rest of the band.
- If you are getting frustrated, take a break and come back to it later! It happens to everyone sometimes.
- Record while surrounded by soft surfaces if possible - carpet, drapes, couch, bed etc. You will sound the best this way!
- Stand or sit with tall posture to get the best sound
- Include 5 seconds of "room silence" at beginning and end. This helps our final product immensely!