Final Virtual Band Project
due Friday, June 11
To submit your recording for our Virtual Band project, you will need to:
# 1 - Prepare
- You will be recording Silver Scepter in two sections - see the audio tracks for how your part will be split
- Put in headphones and practice your parts with the bed tracks until you feel ready
- Read Instructions and Tips at bottom of this page
#2 - Record using bed track (don't forget your headphones!)
Find your instrument below, press play, and record while listening to it through headphones. Everyone has TWO FILES below that they need to record.
#3 - Attach your recording to the assignment in Grade 7/8 Band Google Classroom
- In the Classroom, select:
- Classwork > Assignment > Your Work > Add or create > File
Instructions & Recording Tips
When you're ready to record, you will need 2 devices:
- Parent/Helper on Device #1, press Record on a Voice Recording app (do NOT take a video)
- Student on Device #2, ***using headphones*** press Play on Bed Track A or B (above) and play along
- Parent/Helper on Device #1, stop the recording, save your file as "SS Part __ [1 or 2] Your Name" (eg. "SS Part 1 Joey Smith")
- Don't sweat it! Just do your best, and remember your sound will blend in with the rest of the band.
- If you are getting frustrated, take a break and come back to it later! It happens to everyone sometimes.
- Record while surrounded by soft surfaces if possible - carpet, drapes, couch, bed etc. You will sound the best this way!
- Stand or sit with tall posture to get the best sound
- Include 5 seconds of "room silence" at beginning and end. This helps our final product immensely!